We're looking for TWO Customer Service Representatives to join our fun and talented Customer Service Team. Our Customer Service Representatives are responsible for developing customer communications and monitoring website activity to ensure a high quality, consistent customer experience. This is a 6 month fixed term position. This is not a call-centre position but rather a role which ensures that our customers questions are answered via email.
We are Plentyoffish Media, the world leader in online dating with 80 million members and growing. Come join our team of driven and passionate professionals and become a part of a recognized and cutting-edge company!
So, what will you do?
- Handle fluctuating volume as it corresponds to site updates.
- Research accounts using the Customer Service Management system; requires extensive knowledge of the Plentyoffish.com product and all related features.
- Make updates to customer accounts on the Plentyoffish website if applicable.
- Process subscriptions and refunds, as well as any other necessary transactions.
- Use intuitive skills to effectively determine customer needs, research possible causes, and create correspondence to fully address and resolve customer inquiries.
- Strive to enhance the customer's site experience by providing high quality, responsive, and empathetic service.
- Approve/Decline advertising material submitted by our advertising clients in adherence to Plentyoffish Advertising Guidelines
- Relay any trends of potential defects or other patterns noticed to Customer Care Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Superb written and verbal communication skills; excellent grammar, vocabulary, syntax.
- Preference will be given to candidates fluent in other languages.
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating System and various internet browsers.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Post-secondary education preferred but is not a requirement.
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively in order to meet required email response times.
- Ability to adjust to fluctuating workflow on a daily basis.
- Ability to work with little direction or oversight.
- Ability to communicate with the appropriate tone based on the reported issue and the level of frustration expressed by the customer.
- Successfully complete initial training, as well as any new product or ongoing training and score acceptably on job related testing assessments.
- Must have read this job posting fully and acknowledged reading it by copying and pasting this requirement into the cover letter.
- Ability to discuss all Plentyoffish products and be able to communicate and cooperate with other liaisons within Plentyoffish to solve and clarify issues.
- Ability to understand a wide variety of people, determine their needs and be able to communicate in a compelling, empathetic, and personal manner; must be able to provide assistance without involving personal beliefs, standards, or expectations.
- Willing to commit to a specific shift schedule as well as work weekends and some overtime.
- Fluency in French or Spanish is a bonus.
What's it like to work at Plentyoffish?
- We have a fun and casual culture.
- Our Christmas party is legendary.
- Our office is stocked with snacks and beverages.
- Great downtown location with easy access to transit.
- Awesome state-of-the-art office with fantastic views.
Please apply for this role with a cover letter and a resume.